WHY PILLAR? WHY NOT?
Pillar Technology is a high-tech consulting company taking marketing and strategy by the horns, with an unmatched company culture. Inspired by the inventions of the future, we fuse software craftsmanship, creativity, and innovation together to solve our clients’ most challenging problems. And the driving force behind it all? Our people—the Pillar family.
EXPERIENCE DESIGNER, WHAT?
Experience Designers are masters of taking concepts and bringing them to life. They work closely and collaboratively with our Experience Architects to receive ideas, wireframes and user feedback, then use that info to create beautiful, production-ready digital designs. Our Experience Designers are successful because they have:
- Background in Interaction Design, Digital Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Digital Product Design, Human Factors or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of user experience design processes, methodologies and artifacts—we’re talking prototypes, interactive mockups, design guidelines/specifications, user personas, journey maps, story maps and user stories.
- The ability to turn ideas into experiences, and communicate in multifunctional team projects.
- Experience as a key member of a DX, UX or design team working within a fast-paced, iterative, Agile environment.
- Strong interest in current digital trends and best practices—you know, things like IoT, embedded and emerging tech.
- Exceptional visual design skills to create impactful and easy-to-use interfaces and flows.
- Success in presenting design concepts and direction with end-users, customers, product managers and developers—aka presentation prowess.
- Advanced proficiency with Sketch, Invision App, Adobe Creative Suite, Motion and After Effects.
- Strong digital portfolio with examples of mobile, web or software design—include this in your application please!
A DAY IN THE LIFE.
So that’s what an Experience Designer is, here’s a look at what to expect:
- Translating broad ideas, business and functional requirements, and wireframe concepts into design flows and elegant user interfaces.
- Rapidly sketching out ideas and concepts to communicate ideas and elicit feedback, followed by higher-fidelity revisions for use in testing and production.
- Advocating on behalf of the end-user throughout research, design and development.
- Explaining your ideas, designs and UX best practices in order to successfully influence, motivate and inspire stakeholders.
- Facilitating or participating in creative sessions.
ARE YOU A GAME CHANGER?
Our mission is to provide an environment where people do what they love and feel empowered to influence change. Of course our open and flexible workspaces, fully-stocked fridge and pantry help create a thriving work ecosystem. But we also support this goal in ways that can’t be contained within four walls—so whether you are working at a client site or at home from your patio, the Forge mindset goes where you go.
- “No-constraints” thinking—we’re talking “change the world” kind of thinking.
- Team members who push you to succeed, because they expect you to do the same for them.
- Diverse and changing work environments.
- Learning, sharing and working closely with other team members because we take the “two heads are better than one” saying very seriously.
- A “Speed2Value” approach to solving problems and delivering value.
- Open communication across the company—direct, expert and personal.
- Active participation in Agile and software craftsmanship communities and we hope you do the same!
PERKS OF THE JOB.
So what’s in it for you, right? On top of weekly “Creative Collision” lunches prepared by our James Beard-nominated Forge chef, we provide our team members with a dynamic and supportive environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance.
- Competitive compensation package including salary, medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, and life insurance.
- PTO to do literally whatever you want, and holidays off to spend with whoever you want.
- 401K with match, because we care about your future beyond Pillar.
- A flexible and customizable career growth path.
- Family is family—that’s why it’s important to us to offer adoption assistance, reimbursement of infertility treatment-related expenses, and maternity and paternity leave.
- Knowledge is power, so we’ll drop $500 a year for you to spend on continuous learning (conferences, books, workshops, etc.).
- One word—PillarCon—a weekend filled with fun and learning for Pillarites, their families and guests.
- Flexible work environment, because we know things just come up sometimes.
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE?
Now that you’ve got the goods on being a part of the Pillar family, we just have one question: Are you ready to unleash your potential? If so, let’s chat. Go ahead and click the “apply” button. Tell us a bit about yourself and one of our Talent Engagement Specialists will be in touch.
For more info, check out our website, come to an event at the Forge or reach out and start a conversation with us. We’d love to talk!
Pillar Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workplace.