WHY PILLAR? WHY NOT?
Pillar Technology is a high-tech consulting company taking marketing and strategy by the horns, with an unmatched company culture. Inspired by the inventions of the future, we fuse software craftsmanship, creativity and innovation together to solve our clients’ most challenging problems. And the driving force behind it all? Our people—the Pillar family.
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR, WHAT?
Even technology companies need tech support. Ya know, someone to keep things running smoothly behind-the-scenes. That’s where this role comes in. The backbone to our backbone. Our systems administrators are successful because they have:
- Unwavering commitment to solving problems and contributing to Pillar’s culture and success.
- Personality that thrives in a creative and collaborative team environment.
- Rock-solid written and verbal communication.
- A hands-on approach to supporting and solving user needs.
- Tenacious integrity, passion, professionalism and a strong work ethic.
- The know-how to organize workflows to increase efficiency and efficacy.
- The ability to request, receive, act upon and provide feedback.
- Sharp mental acuity with the ability to track and manage multiple tasks.
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation to continue to learn and grow throughout their career—technically, personally and professionally.
- Experience with a variety of technologies including OSX, Windows, Linux, Cisco/Meraki, Active Directory, DNS, Helpdesk and are super savvy with Audio/Visual systems.
- CompTIA or other industry certifications—not required, but it’s a major plus.
A DAY IN THE LIFE.
So that’s what a systems admin is, here’s a look at what to expect:
- Onsite daily—Forge amenities every day? Lucky duck.
- Responding to tickets utilizing the ZenDesk ticketing system, which could occasionally require assistance outside of the normal core hours for urgent tickets.
- Behind-the-scenes superhero work including AV assistance for presentations and events, and daily maintenance of Forge technology.
- Testing and implementing new systems to ensure the best experience for our team members, clients and guests.
ARE YOU A GAME CHANGER?
Our mission is to provide an environment where people do what they love and feel empowered to influence change. Of course our open and flexible workspaces, fully-stocked fridge and pantry help create a thriving work ecosystem. But we also support this goal in ways that can’t be contained within four walls—so whether you are working at a client site or at home from your patio, the Forge mindset goes where you go.
- “No-constraints” thinking—we’re talking “change the world” kind of thinking.
- Team members who push you to succeed, because they expect you to do the same for them.
- Diverse and changing work environments.
- Learning, sharing and working closely with other team members because we take the “two heads are better than one” saying very seriously.
- A “Speed-to-Value” approach to solving problems and delivering value.
- Open communication across the company—direct, expert and personal.
- Active participation in Agile and software craftsmanship communities and we hope you do the same!
PERKS OF THE JOB.
So what’s in it for you, right? On top of “Creative Collision” lunches prepared by our own Forge chefs, we provide our team members with a dynamic and supportive environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance.
- Competitive compensation package including salary, medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, and life insurance.
- PTO to do literally whatever you want, and holidays off to spend with whoever you want.
- 401K with match, because we care about your future beyond Pillar.
- A flexible and customizable career growth path.
- Maternity/paternity leave—you had a baby...that’s kind of a big deal.
- Adoption assistance—because family is family.
- Knowledge is power, so we’ll drop $500 a year for you to spend on continuous learning (conferences, books, workshops, etc.).
- Flexible work environment, because we know things just come up sometimes.
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE?
Now that you’ve got the goods on being a part of the Pillar family, we just have one question: Are you ready to unleash your potential? If so, let’s chat. Go ahead and click the “apply” button. Tell us a bit about yourself and one of our Talent Engagement Specialists will be in touch.
For more info, check out our website, come to an event at the Forge or reach out and start a conversation with us. We’d love to talk!
Pillar Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workplace.