WHY PILLAR? WHY NOT?
Pillar Technology is a high-tech consulting company taking marketing and strategy by the horns, with an unmatched company culture. Inspired by the inventions of the future, we fuse software craftsmanship, creativity and innovation together to solve our clients’ most challenging problems. And the driving force behind it all? Our people—the Pillar family.
DELIVERY LEAD, WHAT?
When you take the best traits of a project manager, scrummaster, account manager, therapist, coach and consultant, you’ll get what we like to call a delivery lead. Our delivery leads are successful because they have:
- Hands-on experience in both Agile and traditional practices, including decomposing business problems through user stories, facilitating team cadence meetings, expertly responding to change and effectively utilizing metrics. An understanding of extreme programming practices is also key.
- Techie tendencies—or at least some technical acumen or experience in software development.
- A devotion to uncovering the “why” of any situation.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to quickly build rapport with a client in an unfamiliar environment.
- Passion for people and a demonstrated ability to build and lead a diverse group of people. This includes providing performance feedback, coaching and mentoring, so strong communication skills are a must.
- A desire to engage in healthy conflict to ensure the best solutions prevail.
ROAD WARRIOR, WHAT?
We practice no-constraints in all things—including physical location. We want to be where the coolest projects are. Where our clients need us to be. Where we have the best chance at success for our people and our company. Our road warriors make that possible. Here’s a look at what to expect:
- Traveling to some of America's fastest growing tech hubs like Detroit, Ann Arbor, Raleigh, Des Moines, Columbus and more.
- Weekends home with friends and fam.
- $1,000 per diem a month for our long-term travelers. What’s a “long-term traveler?” We’ll fill you in.
- Increasing exposure and experience across multiple industries and technologies.
- Opportunity to develop existing partnerships, and launch new projects and markets.
- Growing existing consulting and tech skills.
- Hella frequent flyer miles and hotel points.
- Gaining diverse perspectives and points of views.
ARE YOU A GAME CHANGER?
Our mission is to provide an environment where people do what they love and feel empowered to influence change. Of course our Forge amenities and atmosphere help create a thriving work ecosystem. But we also support this goal in ways that can’t be contained within four walls—so whether you are working at a client site, on the road or at home from your patio, the Forge mindset goes where you go.
- “No-constraints” thinking—we’re talking “change the world” kind of thinking.
- Team members who push you to succeed, because they expect you to do the same for them.
- Diverse and changing work environments.
- Learning, sharing and working closely with other team members because we take the “two heads are better than one” saying very seriously.
- A “Speed2Value” approach to solving problems and delivering value.
- Open communication across the company—direct, expert and personal.
- Active participation in Agile and software craftsmanship communities and we hope you do the same!
PERKS OF THE JOB.
So what’s in it for you, right? On top of the opportunity to work on super cool, challenging projects, we provide our team members with a dynamic and supportive environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance.
- Competitive compensation package including salary, medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, and life insurance.
- PTO to do literally whatever you want, and holidays off to spend with whoever you want.
- 401K with match, because we care about your future beyond Pillar.
- A flexible and customizable career growth path.
- Maternity/paternity leave—you had a baby...that’s kind of a big deal.
- Adoption assistance—because family is family.
- Knowledge is power, so we’ll drop $500 a year for you to spend on continuous learning (conferences, books, workshops, etc.).
- Flexible work environment, because we know things just come up sometimes.
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE?
Now that you’ve got the goods on being a part of the Pillar family, we just have one question: Are you ready to unleash your potential? If so, let’s chat. Go ahead and click the “apply” button. Tell us a bit about yourself and one of our Talent Engagement Specialists will be in touch.
For more info, check out our website, come to an event at the Forge or reach out and start a conversation with us. We’d love to talk!
Pillar Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workplace.